Friday, May 26, 2017

passion man

I've been reflecting a lot lately about motivation, drive and how to get the best out of myself and the people around me. Steve Gurney's visit this week couldn't have been timed any better. What a pleasure to hear his story. This is a guy that will stop at nothing to be the very best at whatever he does - and it's no accident that he's been as successful as he's been. He subscribes to the notion of 'hard work works' and that failure should not be dwelled upon but used as 'feedback' to be BTB. It was refreshing to have such an energy force in our classroom. 

Schools receive a lot of invitations from various organisations and other initiatives across the year. A teacher's inbox can be a temple of doom at times! This year, one of my goals was to filter through some of the invites more strategically to find some winning opportunities. One of which came for a visit yesterday. Andrew, from Bright Sparks, a government-led technology initiative, came for a visit. He led some pretty cool electronic activities and challenges and sparked (excuse the pun) some real enthusiasm for an area of learning that should be given a lot more attention in my opinion. Students got to build their own robot car and had races, having to fine tune their wheel alignment to ensure they were driving straight and not doing epic donuts! Some of the more engaged students even got an opportunity to programme a small bread board that included light and heat sensors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks :)